Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Hobbies

So a few years ago people (or forms for one reason or another) would ask me, "What are your hobbies?" I couldn't answer that question before because I just really didn't have any or anytime to dedicate my little bit of spare time to. Even if I asked my friends they couldn't really tell me what my hobbies were.

But now I can...and everyone else since that is all I talk about! Most of you already know I have really taken on a passion for cooking. When I was younger (my days before college) I wouldn't be caught dead in the kitchen unless I was snacking on cookies and milk. So what brought this on? Ross, the "Dress for less" store. When I would shop there in college I would make my way through the house section and the cool kitchen gadgets intrigued me. Don't laugh, but I started to buy some because I thought it would look cool in my "contemporary" apartment. With a low college budget there really wasn't much decorating but there were some definite attempts and I think I did a pretty good job with all the hand-me-downs.

With all this cool looking cooking stuff I decided it was time to buy a cookbook and try out a few of my cool toys. Honestly I started to because I was embarrased when friends would ask me what certain tools were for and I really had no idea. Didn't think that my answer of "I just thought it looked different and neat" sounded very intelligent.

I can't remember the name of the cookbook but I can tell you later because I still have it. I tried out a couple of recipes pretty much picked from random. My family can tell you which ones they were because they had them a few times...I didn't have the confidence to try anything else since I did pretty good the first time.

I'm going to continue this story next time...it is my lunch break and have to get on a conference call in 20. It will also give me a chance to look up that cookbook.

3 comments:

Tabatha said...

Cook me dinner, woman!!

:)

Alondra said...

Wasn't it the Betty Crocker, a red and white plad book?

Taryn said...

I'm so happy you found your passion! You can cook me dinner anytime. :) Don't tell Andy about your new hobby, he will expect me to start cooking more...