Saturday, August 1, 2009

Warren's First Triathlon

We are obviously WAY behind so I'm going to attempt to play catch up in August and we are probably going to be all over the place.

Warren had his first Triathlon on July 12 and he did an amazing job! I am so proud of him. Everyone has been asking us how all this got started...it was me trying to loose some baby weight (and Warren had a little bit too). So, Warren knowing I can't do it by myself with all the commotion going on right now he signed up for Weight Watchers online with me. We have now both hit our goal weight, but it is much more obvious on Warren.

In Warren's word this is how the Tri went...

Well I finished my first sprint triathlon this Sunday as many of you know and thought I would send you the results :)

Just some back ground on the race, this is any where near the length of an Ironman race, it's a 300 meter swim, 12 mile bike and, 3 mile run.

I finished #250 out of 404 people which I thought was pretty good ;)

I was #18 out of 20 in the Male 25-29 division and my times were 6:00 swim, transition 1 was 1:48 (which I feel is pretty decent for my first time), bike was 44:00 (this is where I need improvement I placed last in the division), transition 2 was 1:00 (yeah!), and run 28:26 for a grand total of 1:21:12!

All in all I was very pleased with my time, and can not wait for the next one in late August.

My BFF, Michelle went with me to support Warren and we made these really cool signs.





5 comments:

Tabatha said...

What?? You're blogging?? :)

Congrats Warren on your first tri!!

Layne & Chris said...

Whoa...run, bike, swim...that's a whole lotta exercise in one race!! Way to go Yoda and congrats to you BOTH on your healthy new lifestyle!
Love y'all

Unknown said...

I couldn't have done it without all the support Nathalie gave me through the months of training. She still keeps me going to as I prepare for the next one ;)

I had the best cheer squad at the triathlon!

Taryn said...

Awesome job Warren! You did great! Natty - We miss y'all!

JBick said...

We are so proud of you Warren - and Natty - great signs! :)