Friday, August 1, 2008

Baby Chiquito is a BOY!!!

Thursday Warren and I went for an ultrasound and we found out that we are having a baby boy! It was by pure accident so...ah well. Now I get to work on the nursery. I still don't know what I want to do yet but at least I have a direction.

As for the story on how we found out:

Warren and I don't like calling the baby "it" so we would go back and forth calling him/her a he/she. Well that day we were calling him a "he" so the doctor assumed we knew since we were "right" about the sex of the baby. So as she is going over my belly with the wand she says, "And yup, still a boy" when she goes over the obvious parts. Warren and I looked at each other and just kind of freaked out without saying anything and then the doc was like, "Oh my gosh! Y'all wanted it to be a surprise! I assumed you found out since you kept calling him a 'he'." She felt really bad and even got a little teary eyed as she told us on our first visit she prefers for it to be a surprise. She kind of flipped out for a little while and we told her it was no big deal. She then told us it was her first time to ever screw that up for a couple as she is usually careful about that. We could tell she wasn't having a good day so we didn't make a big deal out of it. As we were getting ready to leave she tried to make us feel better (not that we were feeling bad, we were all smiles) by telling Warren he is a very well endowed boy. Warren walked out of the docs office with his head up high, quite proud. I couldn't help but laugh.

So we were a little sad about not having it a surprise on the day of but it was still a surprise, even though I had a feeling he was boy. But now we get to focus on boy names and cool boy toys! :)

2 comments:

Tabatha said...

That's so exciting!!!!!

YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Layne & Chris said...

Yayyy!!! I can't wait to meet my FIRST nephew!